Monday, July 27, 2009

Once, Nikki was in Jakarta Post!!

"Niki Putri Respati, 22, is a university student. She lives in Cipete, South Jakarta, with her parents. Mostly I collect chick-lit (literature marketed at young women). My sister does the same. In fact, every member of my family has their own private collection.

My father never forced us to read a book. Instead, he would just take us to a book shop and let us choose whatever we liked. We are also accustomed to book fairs and launches. My uncle's book on Indonesian history was just published. I forget what it is about exactly, I am yet to read it.

When we were still children, my father used to read us stories. I don't think reading is an issue in my family. Reading and book collecting is a common thing. Right now, since I'm learning Japanese, I am also reading some Japanese literary works."

- The Jakarta Post

btw, JP got a typo: lost a K in Nikki's name. she wasn't happy about it hihih.

No comments:

Post a Comment